10.5.13

The Dollarama Garden

Wow Dollarama, could you get any better? Take a look at what I found at Dollarama! Plastic Tarp Planting mats; perfect for the trunk or pot holding area. Pop-up mini green houses for spring or fall, seeder pots, mini seed starting green houses. My goodness bulbs, bulbs and more bulbs. The had peacock lilies, dahlias, glads and more. I checked the bulbs and they seemed to be correct. I bought some dahlias from them last year and I started them in a pot near my window. They also had a large box of wild/mixed flower seeds, great for covering a large area or making seed bombs! 
If anyone has tried any of these products or bulbs, let me know, how was it, what did you do? What would you do? What was the quality like? Thoughts! Share them!
Look at all these bulbs! I should have bought one of each and made a Dollarma-test garden. Only $2.00 a bag. The smaller bulb bags had almost 6-10 bulbs in each! What? Where do they get this stuff?
Jiffy Fiber Pots, Wildflower Mix and a Seeder Tray.
You really can do a lot with items from the dollar store. They also sell, 
tomato stakes, bamboo poles and terra-cota pots.
The two dahlias I started, $2.00 each.

2 comments:

  1. I got the Dahlia and after a month it still hadn't started to sprout. I dug it up and there was no life in it at all. After about a month the Tretelia have started to sprout. I just tried the wildflower mix - it looked like powder ... it's hard to believe there are actually seeds in them - so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize this is an old post but I purchased several different types of bulbs from dollarama and the all came out beautifully! I'm so glad - I wis a little nervous at first thinking they won't grow but I planted them directly in the garden during the last week of May and now I'm sitting outside enjoying my dollarama garden :) let me know if you are interested in photos!

    ReplyDelete