23.7.12

My Potting Shed Haul

In my last post I raved about The Potting Shed in Dunnville, ON. What I didn't add was my haul from that garden-shopping trip! I had a small budget, and there was so much to choose and consider, my main goals were; Quality, Size and Collection. In general the quality and size at The Potting Shed are above average, and I don't have to worry about choosing an unhealthy plant. They also stock plenty of unique and rare varieties that are hard to find anywhere else in the area.

Here is a photo of my haul, sitting at the side of the house, in the "Bike Walk-in Area" construction zone. Its protected from any intense sun and I can water them all in one place, before direct plantings. My haul included: Giant Variegated Reed, Hosta "Final Summation", Hosta "Alakazam", Hosta "Rainbow's End", Hosta "Variegated Mouse Ears" and a pot of Candy Lilies. The other plants you're seeing are a haul from a Zehrs garden centre clearance; Hosta "Abiqua Drinking Gourd", white echinacea, and "Big Bang" Coreopsis.

This is the super tall flower stem to Hosta "Final Summation", it actually ended up flowering on three separate stems over the course of the summer. It has gorgeous semi-shiny foliage and lavender flowers.

My placement for my three mini-esk Hosta varieties in my small shade garden, it's getting very cramped in there, I think I'm going to have to expand my shade garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment