30.12.11

Christmas & Holidays in Guelph

Christmas this year was great! Now that I live away from home, I can savour and cherish my family time even more than I did before. I had lots of great food and meals shared with my family and nights together over movies or board games.

Someone got a Barbie Camper-Van!
On Christmas day we went over to my aunt's house for an all round multi-family celebration. Around 10 pm I took scamp out for a walk and we discovered an injured mourning dove! These birds have a knack of falling into my care. I took her home in a shoe box and let her dry-out from the melted snow in Icicles old cage, ironically replacing hers on Christmas. The little bird's tail feathers where missing and she is now spending the rest of winter and spring at a bird sanctuary in Rockwood, Ont.
I never ended up naming her, but if I could now, her name would be "Snow-Drop"

For Christmas my aunt and cousins got my a round knitting loom set. Its been great, I've made four circle scarves/cowls and a few other things since I started looming. Its so easy to pick up and do while I'm watching TV or reading. Lastly I've been so lucky to catch some of Bronwyn'sfigure skating while I'm home. Each time I watch her she is getting better and better, she truly loves this sport, I'm hoping to start sewing her some dresses, and expanding it into a hobby-job.
Look at that stride!

No comments:

Post a Comment