9.9.10

Montreal, doesn't seem so small?


Part of the downtown Concordia campus.
The turf field at the Loyola campus (near my residence)

It's been almost two weeks now. It has flown by at times and others lasting what seemed forever. Montreal feels smaller to me now that my perspective and geography has settled in. I've been exploring within reasonable walking distances of the SGW campus downtown. I know where the best cheap shopping is, Thai restaurants, grocery stores, and cafes. I've been down to the luxury district and the poor student area, some of my favourites to browse are; book-stores, vegetarian shops, dollar stores, art supply, Eco stores and much more. There are also lots of great galleries, cinemas and theatres.

The other day I bought a fish for two dollars
and put it in a bowl that I brought from home.
He is very curious, healthy and happy, now that I have expanded his habitat by 90%. He came with food in a neat Betta shaped pellet holder, and a tiny wand for direct "hand" feeding. I think this is why he is so friendly, he'll do anything for a pellet or two. As I type he stares inquisitively at me from the nightstand. He needs a name. I also have a small collection of plants that sit by the window. I'm not entirely sure what kind they are, so I'll have to familiarize myself with more houseplants.

K'naan and Chromeo played a concert near my residence but I had class, so I missed it. I would have also had rugby. There is always so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment