27.7.10

Hillside Weekend!


It was a fantastic weekend out at Guelph Lake. Friday night was hot, humid and energetic. I arrived early to register, set up my pop-up tent and get settled. I grabbed a quick vegan dinner and saw Beardyman (professional beat box artist) perform at main-stage. I met up with all my best friends and had a blast enjoying Brasstronaut, The Hidden Cameras and Yukon Blonde. That night all of the volunteers gathered around the large annual bon-fire to celebrate the opening of Hillside. I was up until 3am enjoying good company, drum circles, banjos and dancing. Saturday was slightly overcast but that didn't stop anyone as the rain was light warm and only pored hard for about 10 minutes. It was well received because it wiped out the hot, muggy air. I attended two Eco-workshops, hula-hooped for the first time, had free vegan food and danced the day away to Jason Collet, The Emerald City, Young Rival, The Wooden Sky, The Tabla Guy, Michou, My Son the Hurricane, Los Lobos and Grand Analog. I can't believe I saw and danced to that much music! That night I danced around the fire once again and the full moon fuelled the craziest volly-village night I have ever experienced, went to bed around 5am. Sunday was just as fun, starting with a refreshing swim! I ate dandelion ice cream, ate the home-made jam I made and enjoyed the best mushroom & tofu dumplings. The music was even better! Alex Cuba, Gord Downie, Digging Roots, Easy-Star All stars, The Folk, Holy F***, SHAD, Socalled, Zeus and one amazing Collosal Reggae Jam to end the night. Once again, feet sore and legs tight I had a blast in volly village, ending the night around 4am, did I mention I get up with the sun? It was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment