21.3.12

I've been Jammin'

As a gift for my cooperating teacher at my internship, I decided to make some quick and easy jams and marmalade. I found some great new style jars at Canadian Tire, along with some natural fruit pectin. I designed my own labels last night and printed them out for that special touch. I saved some big jars and extra bit in the fridge for myself, or possibly as another last minute gift. She loved them so much and was very excited to try them out. This might actually be a great small hobby business in the future. So far "my classic flavours" are:

Cinnamon & Blackberry Jam
Kiwi & Tangerine Marmalade
Mango Peach & Poppy-seed Jam
Cherry Blood-Orange and Bay Marmalade

I'm looking to make a twisted version of strawberry, work with some wild blueberries and possibly experiment with figs, dragon fruit, papaya, apples, grapes and more citrus. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment